Install WordPress on a hosted server
- To install WordPress go to wordpress.org and click on the blue button to download the latest working version of WordPress.
- Unzip the files and put the map on your desktop (any other place, just make it easy to find)
- Prepare the files… make a copy of the ‘wp-config-sample.php’ file and rename it to ‘wp-config.php’
- Open the ‘wp-config.php’ file and edit the parameters for connecting to the database. (username, password, database name)
The MySQL settings are created by your hosting service.
- Upload the files to the host server, go to the url where WordPress is installed and follow the guide lines.
Installing WordPress on a computer (localhost)
I’m not really an expert in server side settings. So don’t even ask me how to deal with this apps.
I used WAMP on my windows machine, because i like the file structure and because it’s so easy to use. I used XAMPP prior to WAMP back ten it was messy, maybe it got better. Ill have to write about it later.
Here is a guide on how to install WAMP (video) on a localhost.
If you installed WAMP and go to ‘localhost’ you will see the WAMPserver settings and so you can choose to edit the database settings in ‘PhpMyAdmin’ or open the project folders you’ve created.
If you have any questions about installing WordPress, let me know! I’ll try to reply as fast as possible to help you out 😉
my twitter handle is @philipdenys
or philipdenys+ on Google+
Later on I’ll make an tutorial on how to setup your WordPress website.